- 2 T grape seed oil
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 T unsalted butter or ghee
- 5 cups assorted mushrooms such as cremini, shiitake and oyster – chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 t of freshly ground pepper
- 7 oz. of kale – ribs removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 5 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 t chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 T chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
Coat amuffin tin with oil or ghee
In a pan bring broth to a boil. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat and let simmer until liquid has absorbed (12 to 15 minutes). Let stand covered for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a large deep skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté until golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer to bowl with quinoa.
In same skillet warm 1 teaspoon oil. Sauté onion, celery garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper over medium heat until softened, about 8 minutes. Add kale by the handful and cook stirring until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Add kale mixture to bowl with quinoa and mushrooms.
Add to bowl: stir in eggs, cheese and herbs. Spoon into muffin tin and press in nuts.
Bake about 25 minutes