Thai Red Curry with Vegetables
- 14 oz can of “lite” coconut milk, divided
- 2 T Thai red curry paste
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups of water
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 fresh cayenne chiles
- 2 t lime zest
- 2 cups coarsely chopped dandelion greens or arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 T Thai fish sauce
Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Add about 2 T coconut milk and curry paste and stir to dissolve but also cook until aromatic – about 30 seconds to one minute.
Add 1 cup of coconut milk and cook for 1 minute and then add the sweet potatoes
Stir to coat the pieces and cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes more
Add water and bring to a boil. Cook until the sweet potatoes are cooked through – about 5 minutes
Add the remaining coconut milk, asparagus, chiles and lime zest. and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in dandelion greens (or arugula) basil and fish sauce until well combined.
Continue cooking until the asparagus is just tender, 1 – 2 minutes more.